ICM Young Professionals
The ICM Young Professionals (YP) group was launched in October 2019 and our goal is to connect Muslim young professionals in the area with each other and to create opportunities for them to be involved with ICM. Started and led by local young professionals, the YP group caters to a wide audience of individuals between the ages of 22-39 and often holds community-wide events as well. Please see our mission and objectives below.
What we do:
Our work primarily focuses on three categories and we look to incorporate spiritual and religious themes and education in each of these areas:
- Personal and Professional Development,
- Community Development,
- Social Engagement.
We have hosted several in-person and virtual events including a mock interview and resume development sessions, a taxes 101 workshop, monthly hikes, and book club meetings, game nights, and dinners. YP is also actively working with the ICM board to create a green masjid and raising awareness within the community.
To stay up to date on what we do and our upcoming events, subscribe to our lists here! You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
If you have any questions or want to get more involved, please email us at email@example.com.
Mission and Objectives:
Mission Statement: The ICM Young Professionals group is dedicated to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment for young adult Muslims to support their spiritual, professional and personal growth.
- Create an inclusive network of young adults and professionals in the ICM community (and beyond) that promotes brotherhood and sisterhood.
- Foster a community that is geared towards learning both spiritually and professionally and personally.
- Bring together and prepare the next generation of ICM.
- Encourage young professionals to engage in religious, charitable, professional, service, and social activities at and with ICM.