About Memberships and Dues
ICM has the following types of memberships per the ICM Bylaws
- Individual Membership: Any Muslim, 18 years of age or older, and residing in the Greater Washington Metropolitan Area, can become a member of the center upon paying the membership dues. This individual membership entitles him or her to one vote in the General Body Meeting.
- Individual Membership dues are $50 per calendar year
- Family Membership: Any Muslim family residing in the Greater Washington Metropolitan Area can become a member upon paying the membership dues. This family membership entitles the husband and wife to two votes (one vote each) in the General Body Meeting.
- Family Membership dues are $100 per calendar year
- Student Membership: Any Muslim Student 18-22 years of age and residing in the Greater Washington Metropolitan Area can become a member of the Center upon paying the membership dues.
- Student Membership dues are $25 per calendar year
To Become a Member
- Complete the paper form and mail to ICM, Attn: ICM Secretary, 19411 Woodfield Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20879. Along with a payment check made out to ICM. Paper Form is available here Membership Form
- Fill out the online form and make the payment online (Membership Payment)
Update your Records
- If you are already a member but any information has changed (address, phone, email etc.) please submit an updated form, so we have your current contact information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Voting Members for General Body Meeting
- To be eligible to vote in the General Body Meeting or in the election of trustees, an individual or a family must be an ICM member for the current and prior year.
- Additionally, an individual who attains the age of 18 and takes out an individual membership and whose parents held an ICM family membership the prior year, shall be entitled to vote in the General Body meeting.
- Membership is based on the calendar year from January 1st to December 31st.
- Your membership dues are considered a donation to the masjid and go towards the masjid’s day-to-day operating expenses.
For more details please refer to the Bylaws https://www.icomd.org/board-of-trustees-executive-body/
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.