The Islamic Center of Maryland is a religious and educational non-profit organization where all activities are guided by and do not contradict the teachings of Islam. The Center complies with the laws of the United States as well as the rules and regulations of the Internal Revenue Service for non-profit organizations.
- Establish mosques and other facilities to house the Center’s activities.
- Help Muslims practice Islam as a belief, a behavior, and a way of life, and invite people to the cause of Allah
- Devise and conduct programs of Islamic education.
- Establish programs and facilities to preserve and relate the Islamic knowledge to the young Muslims.
- Encourage the Muslims to follow the example of the righteous early Muslims.
- Organize religious, social, and athletic events, provided they do not contradict the Islamic norms and practices.
- Provide and facilitate social services including counseling to those in need.
- Cooperate with other Islamic institutions and organizations which are following the Glorious Qur’an and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.
- Disseminate and project to the public the Islamic positions related to all areas of life.
- Cherish the bonds of friendship and understanding between Muslims and non-muslims within the framework of Islam.
- Establish an investment trust, in accordance with Islamic rules (shari’a), and dedicate all of its proceeds to serve and support the above objectives. This Trust shall also comply with the laws of the United States as well as the rules and regulations of the Internal Revenue Service for non-profit organizations and in compliance with the Articles of Incorporation.